This post is on request of a good friend.
What is it appropriate to wear in the office during summer?
This doesn’t really cause me a problem because I like to dress for the winter at all times of the year; tights are mandatory, I may have them tattooed on to my legs. I went on holiday recently and returned quite proud of a ‘tan’. Sadly, when I got back someone asked where my tan was.
Unfortunately, some people haven’t got the hang of dressing for summer. I think this title should change to just ‘what is it appropriate to wear during summer’. I don’t want to see someone’s actual bum when I’m on my way to work, I have to get up at 6am and I’m still extremely fragile. Granted, it was an accidental bum shot, the dress got caught in a rucksack and exposed pure cheek, but it was only a matter of time before an errant breeze swept it up.
Equally, I can sympathise with those who haven’t realised its summer and worn something which can only be described as a winter gaberdine. I seem to have seen out some of the hottest days of the year wearing black pleather and sweating profusely. NB. This is not a substitute for exercise.
I’ve done a straw poll of about two people, anyway here’s a list of things not to wear, even in the summer:
1) Those shorts that look like a dog went mental and ate, then spat out/paedo pants (no suitable image found)
2) Flimsy bum skirt that blows up constantly and gets stuck under backpacks and attached to velcro
3) Summer Goth, no objection just avoid due to excess sweating
4) No bra. Just because its hot we don’t want to see that
5) Men in cargo shorts. Seriously upsetting, if you can’t buy the recommended skinny three quarter length trousers then you will need to remain suffering in skinny jeans until the end of the summer; it isn’t exactly that long. Short shorts for men may be acceptable depending on style.
Anyway, that really meant nothing but it made us feel good about ourselves briefly.